A baby walker is one of the best companions of your little one’s childhood as he plays, empowers his legs, and grows in it. But did you notice that the walker you brought once, how fast it was at that time, and how slow it has become now? When did you clean it from the day you brought it to your house? Well, if your baby’s walker has become sluggish and it requires your small one to put more effort into moving it then there is a problem with its tires. Maybe one of them is not working properly, got broken, or has clogged hair. What? Hairs? Yes, you heard right because hairs are the top enemy of your little one’s little happiness.
How To Clean Baby Walker Seat, Tyres and Remove Hair From Wheels
So, in this case, if you are looking for how to remove hair from baby walker wheels then you are at the right place. Today, in this comprehensive guide, we will learn about how to clean hair from baby walker wheels, how to clean its seat, and how to keep it clean for long-term usage. We’ll cover up all methods for giving your baby a brand-new baby walker once again like the same he loved once.
Therefore, leave everything aside, and let’s dive into this comprehensive piece of information. The things are easier to consider, follow, and don’t demand you much.
How to clean baby walker seats?
Before you go towards cleaning wheels, just have a mere look at its seat as if it is dirty and you want to clean it so you should know how you can clean your baby walker’s seat. The seat mostly gets dirty whenever the baby’s diaper gets leaked, or he throws some food on it, he may vomit on it or the seat might get dirty due to long time usage. Therefore, you also need to clean it as this will add more to your baby’s walker’s new look. Well, here is a method on how you can clean the seat of your baby’s walker.
- The seat is mostly made of fabric or a piece of cloth that can be easily washed by detergent or any kind of baking soda.
- So, use detergent or any other cleansing agent like soap and cold water for cleaning your baby’s walker seat.
- Mostly you can use baking soda or vinegar for making a germs-free solution and then you can use it for cleaning the seat cushion.
- Moreover, you can use a washing machine or hands for washing your baby walker seat but remember to use cold water always because this will not damage the fabric of the seat.
- Now, once you’ve washed it completely, put it into the sunlight and let it dry. Do not use the dryer or other things but natural low light of the sun.
How to clean baby walker wheels properly- Steps to follow:
Now, let’s come to our main topic and talk about how you can remove hairs from your baby’s walker wheels. First thing first, find a desk or a solid place, turn the walker upside down and do everything as I am asking you to do in the following steps.
The thing is, you can easily remove hairs from its tires by using different methods as I’ve described some of them below. These are all best but you can use whatever you prefer and whatever is easy for you to apply.
1. Opening or removing the Casters:
Removing the casters from a walker makes its wheel’s cleaning easier and less messy. Most of the walkers come with removable casters so you can use a screwdriver or even your hands for removing casters. Once you’ve successfully removed them then there begins the process of removing hairs from the wheels.
2. Removing wheel’s hairs by using Tweezers or Clippers:
The first two handy things to remove hairs from wheels are using Tweezers or Clippers. These are available at most houses and most parents are aware of these types of accessories. So, you do know what you need to do, right? Well, let me tell you instead.
- Use a clipper at first, stick it into the caster’s gap on both sides. Now start shaking it as this will lose the tighten or stuck hairs.
- After this, use tweezers for removing strands of the hairs. Moreover, try to pick as many strands as you can and this method will allow you to efficiently remove hairs without letting them break inside the castor.
3. Removing wheel’s hair by using Duct tape:
The second most admired and used method for removing hairs from wheels is using duct tape. Duct tape works like a magnet for removing hairs. It is used for removing most of the heavy-duty hairs that are clogged into the wheel’s castors. Anyhow, for using this, you need to do as follows.
- Use duct tape and place it over the shards of clogged hairs decisively. Make sure that you are spreading it over the most extensive section.
- Now pull the tape smoothly and you will see removing the bulk of tucked hairs. Continue this method until you finish removing all hairs.
4. Removing wheel’s hair by using a heat gun or lighter:
Another option for removing hairs from the baby’s walker wheels is by using lighter and heating things. As you know that walker is made with some sturdy plastic and resistant materials. So, lighter heat will not be a big deal for it. However, this heat will be a burn to those clogged hairs and your baby’s walker wheels will be cleaned. To follow this method, do the things as said below.
- Use a heat gun for removing hairs because it will not produce flames like lighter and it will not burn your baby’s assistance.
- Hold the wheel in your hand and expose it to the direct heat of the heat gun keeping the flame at the low heating level. This will easily burn all the hairs and then you can clean the place with a piece of cloth that contains those burned hairs. Or use high pressure or water for removing the ashes. Moreover, do this process outside your house and keep everything organized.
More methods to Clean Baby Walker:
If nothing works out from the above-recommended things you can try using a cutter’s bottle opener or a nail cutter. You can also use a sharp knife but beware of the body cut, razor blade or any sharp blade, or a pair of scissors. Keep rotating the casters while you are using these devices and make sure that you’ve efficiently cleaned all the hairs because your baby’s happiness depends on it, remember?
Recovery after cleaning the hairs from wheels:
Now if you’ve removed all the hairs successfully from your baby’s walker wheels it’s time to give your walker’s wheels a little boost and a little more cleaning so that it must be clean and clear for a long while. This will allow your baby to drag it comfortably and with more speed.
Try some soap and water:
Use soap and water to make a solution then soaked those removed castors into the solution for at least 10 to 15 minutes. This will give them a rinse-free cleaning and clean all the debris from them. Now they are ready to be used again one more time.
Try using some lubricants:
For keeping the motion of the wheels perfect, use some lubricants in the metal parts of the wheel’s caster. Moreover, also spray them on some other parts that help it in moving properly.
Note: In this regard, a WD-40 lubricant is mostly recommended for spraying on those metal parts. This proves as a rust cleaner and keeps the iron parts safe from rusting. Although this won’t be a proper lubricant somehow, it’s a non-volatile oil that provides protection from humidity and helps in maintaining better lubrication.
How to maintain your plastic baby walker for longer usage- Some additional tips:
You might have heard that if you take care of things, they last. The same thing is with your once purchased precious toy of your baby named its plastic baby walker that could stay clean, new, and durable for a long time only if you will take care of it. But how to do so, let me tell you some tips for that.
- Use a clean piece of clothing for cleaning your baby’s walker every time your small one finishes playing in it.
- Keep checking its tires properly as if you see some clogged hairs inside any of them, try removing them and keep them cleaned.
- Keep its seat cleaned and fresh, its body washed or cleaned with a soft piece of cloth or water by removing dust and debris.
- It’s too complicated and difficult to remove hairs when the castors are wet. So, you must use tools and remove them only when the castors are dry and seem easily cleanable.
- Do not use some allergic or harsh lubricants, detergents, or soaps as they might harm your skin. Moreover, toxic bleach is also not the right cleaning solution.
- Keep maintaining its parts on a regular basis. Keep all the screws tight and up to date as a loose screw or any part of the baby walker might lead your baby to an injury in case there happens to be an accident.
- Moreover, if you are washing the seat into a washing machine, use lower tumble or dry spin settings. Plus, also, your temperature must be at a lower level to avoid damage to the fabric of the seat. Or, check the company manual for more precise and careful usage and maintenance.
How to remove hair from baby walker wheels- Related Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you get the hair out of a Walker wheel?
There are many short methods for removing hairs from your baby walker wheels. But in my point of view, the best one is using duct tape. In this case, all you need to do is simply place it on the clogged hairs and then remove it slowly. You can remove much heavy-duty and tucked hairs by this method. However, you can also use the heat gun, a pair of scissors, nail cutter, tweezers, or clippers.
How do you clean a medical walker?
If your medical walker is not that dirty, you can clean it with a soft and clean piece of cloth. However, if your walker is very dirty, use some soapy water and detergents for giving it a complete water wash. Let it dry thoroughly to prevent rusting and damages to its iron parts. So, through this, you will be able to clean your medical walker.
How do you clean a baby walker?
Here are some simple steps to completely clean your baby walker.
- Use detergents or soaps to clean its seat. You can wash it by hand or even into the washing machine.
- Use cold water for proper cleaning and then give it a proper dry session.
- Use lubricants to prevent it from rusting and other damages.
- Wash its plastic thoroughly.
- Wipe it with a clean and dry piece of cloth
- For keeping your baby away from germs and bacteria, use sanitizers on its body and make it a healthy environment for your little mess maker.
How do you lubricate Walker wheels?
For lubricating walker wheels, use some high-quality lubricants like WD-40. Spray this lubricant at the metal parts of your walker. This type of lubricant might not be the best one, but still, they provide an easy solution for keeping your baby walker away from rusting and other damages including environmental and humidity, etc.
Depending on the information provided in this guide, I can firmly believe that now you are completely aware of how to remove hair from baby walker wheels. Use any of the above-given methods and give your little one his happiness back so that he shouldn’t have to put extra effort while moving it and it should work properly. I hope that the cleaning and maintenance of your baby walker is not a big deal now.
Hence with all this, take care of yourself and stay tuned for more updates or useful information on this site. We shall meet soon at another great article. Until then, have blossoms for your little one. Good luck.