Snuggle me organic Vs DockAtot
Here’s the Snuggle me organic Vs. DockAtot debate that has been going on in the past few years. The debate has been which one is better for your baby’s health and well-being: a Snuggle me organically, or DockAtot? We will explore the benefits of each and leave it up to you to decide! These are the two most famous brands of this baby product i.e. snuggle me organic and dock a tot.
In this post, we will discuss both baby loungers in detail, describe the comparisons, and similarities, explain the unique features of both, and discuss their reviews on why people like the specific lounger and why they do not. In the end there is a FAQ section for each baby lounger for some extra details which will help you buy the best baby lounger for baby. I will describe a couple of things or features of both loungers and you can make a decision for yourself.
DockAtot vs snuggle me organic Comparison:
There are many factors to consider when choosing between Snuggle me organic and DockAtot. Some parents might prefer the Snuggle me organic because it is made with certified organic cotton and wool fill, while others might prefer the DockAtot because it is free of flame retardants. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what you prioritize for your child’s health and wellbeing.
For a quick understanding of dockAtot vs snuggle me organic first, we will compare both products some main features and see how they are different from each other. This comparison will make it clear which baby product is most suitable for you.
A few pros and cons of both loungers in the form of comparison are as follows:
Which accessories are available for my baby lounger?
Following is a quick review of accessories available with these baby loungers, you can find more details on amazon.
There are a few more accessories are available with DockAtot baby lounger as compared to snuggle me, list of these as under:
- DOCKATOT ‘s Cover
- DockATot Deluxe Transport Bag
- DockATot Lounger Toy Arch for Deluxe+Dock
- DockATot Toy Set for Deluxe+ Dock
Snuggle Me Accessories:
Currently following accessories are available with the snuggle me or snuggle me organic baby lounger:
DockATot & Snuggle Me Baby Lounger Specifications
|Name Of Lounger||Type||Measurements|
|Snuggle Me||Size / Dimensions||4.00 x 29.00 x 17.00 in|
|Weight||3.60 lbs (Package Weight)|
|Recommended Age||0-9 months|
|DockATot Deluxe||Size / Dimensions||18 inches wide x 29-34 inches long|
|Recommended Age||0-8 Months, Stage 1, 5-22 lbs.|
|DockATot Grand||Size / Dimensions||24in wide x 39-47ins long (39 inches with closed clasps and 47in with open clasps)|
|Recommended Age||9-36 months|
DockATot is manufactured under the OEKO-TEX-certified fabrics and this material is hypoallergenic, breathable, and washable. You can get a free cover with DockAtot lounger Grand, but you can also buy the additional covers from amazon, you can wash these covers easily and keep your lounger clean. Dockatot provides a comfortable bed for your child, it provides a cozy surrounding for sleeping. Dockatot is suitable for children from 0 to 36 months. It is lightweight and you can carry it easily during travel, for this, you can use dockatot Grand Transport Bag. According to different moms, their babies find the DockATot baby lounger to be very comfortable and children get a sweatier sleep than normal. Also, this lounger provides a docking station, which is ideal for diaper changes, tummy-time, or play-mate for your child.
Do this before using the new Dockatot baby lounger
The first thing that you need to remove is the cardboard from the base of the lounger. It is included only for shipping purposes just because it doesn’t get bent during shipping. And it is just located at the bottom or under the lounger. A tag reminds you to remove it. Open the zip and just remove it so easily.
- Dockatot has zero waterproofing ability. This means if water gets into your DockAtot baby lounger and it remains wet then it can create mold and mildew.
- Once you remove the cardboard from the inside of the lounger all you have to do is check that the buckle is working properly, and then you’re good to go.
- Earlier the biggest concern regarding dockatot is overheating and lack of fresh air. According to DockAtot, the problem has been resolved by engineering materials that allow 12 liters of air per minute through, which is equal to the rate at which a baby breathes.
- DockAtot is machine washable; you can remove its cover and can wash it with the exception of the mattress pad, which is in a round shape around the lounger.
- Shrinking of material can occur with DockAtot because it is made of natural fibers. According to Dock A tot, it may shrink 2.5-3% when you wash it. So you may need to dry it with care once it is wet.
- You didn’t need to wash the tube around the baby lounger. However, in case you do need to wash it, just put it in a wash bag on cold. And dry it on low or medium heat.
DockAtot FAQ on Amazon:
Following are some most asked questions related to this baby product.
Q1: Does dockatot lounger comes with the cover?
Yes, a cover is available with the lounger, it is washable and you can wash it any time.
Q2: Is it safe for a newborn to sleep on his / her side?
There is no issue with straight sleep under supervision but still, it is not recommended newborn to sleep on his side is not recommended. Risks include but are not limited to suffocation, entrapment, and positional asphyxiation. The FDA, AAP, and NIH all warn against ANY type of bedding, pillow, positioners, etc. A baby should sleep on his back until able to roll easily from back to stomach to back.
Q3:Can we use DockATot grand for newborns?
No. it is recommended by DockATot that you can use DockATot Deluxe for newborns.
DockAtot Cons and Negative Review:
- The FDA, AAP have warned about different baby products such as loungers increasing the risk of Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). The baby should sleep on his or her back in a lounger instead of his or her side.
- Its tube shaped-wall is decent for sustaining baby up & tummy time, but it may not support for planned-uses.
- DockAtot will cost you from $185 to $300, and it is pricey for this kind of baby product.
- If you analyze the negative review on amazon, customers rate it one star because of the following reasons:
- Most negative reviews are because it is much more difficult to wash or clean as compared to snuggle me.
- Few customers reported that dockatot grand is not as quality made as to the dockatot-deluxe.
- Few customers said that it had not a pleasant smell and their baby is not sleeping in the lounger.
Snuggle me Features / Review
Snuggle me organic is one of the best dockatot alternative baby loungers and it is the USA made baby product with 100% Organic Cotton, a high-quality material suitable for children having sensitive skin and eco-consciousness. It has a patented design with an unpadded sling in the center of the lounger. It is much softer and gives a hug to your baby when you lay down the baby on it. The Snuggle Me can be used as a co-sleeping solution and is also useful for playtime, great for tummy time, and also help the child to learn neck control. It is most suitable for newborns and children until 9 months. Most moms like it because of the following reasons:
- These baby loungers can be washed very easily as compared to dockatot, it has a cover that is removable for easy laundering.
- Covers with different beautiful colors are available.
- Best choice for newborn
- It prevents your child from rolling over.
- It is suitable for traveling with a canvas travel bag. You can take it easily anywhere with no worry.
- The Snuggle Me organic gives you a 30 days guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the product you can simply send it back.
Snuggle me Cons and Negative Review:
There are some downsizes of snuggle me lounger:
- Although it is perfect for newborn babies when your children grow it is getting smaller for them.
- The base or bottom is not padded, it contains just layers of few fabric thick. So on hard surfaces or floors, you may require extra padding. But some babies are even comfortable with the current central base of loungers.
- Because of the soft material, if you lay your baby for long periods of time on snuggle me, a baby may get a little overheated.
- Extra washing care is required to avoid shrinkage of the lounger and its cover.
- Below is the summary of the negative review by customers on Amazon:
- Customers with negative reviews on amazon that it is not a good choice for hot climates. The baby get wet after
- It is too small for some babies
- Washing can affect it fabric it may get faded and due to shrinkage, it may not fit the lounger properly.
Snuggle me FAQ
Is the Snuggle Me organic lounger washable?
Yes, snuggle me lounger and its covers are washable on Cold and low Cycles. Dry it in the dryer on the low level of drying or try an air drying.
What are the best Care instructions for the long life of lounger?
It is recommended that you must use it cover for its protection to reduce washing. If you wash it carefully with cold water, mild detergent, and gentle agitation. It will increase its life, moreover, if you are drying it in a dryer, dry it at a cool temperature or air dry. Make sure to dry your snuggle me lounger completely before using it again.
Is snuggle me is safe for sleeping?
It is important that you and your baby be in the same room and supervise your child when laying it on the lounger. During the night, it is recommended not to use your lounger.
Is it necessary to buy an extra cover with Snuggle me?
The lounger comes with one removable cover, however, it can be a nice and good option if you have an additional cover for the lounger. In case if need to change it early you use the other.
Can a baby roll out of snuggle me?
According to snuggle me, babies cannot roll out of the lounger until they are well-practiced at crawling at which point they will be naturally transitioning out of their Snuggle Me. It has a patented center sling, which has a calculated length, depth, and shape & is designed to create a safe sleeping environment that supports and snuggles them. Due to these factors children remain in the safer supine position, with a neutral spine, creating it highly unlikely they will be able to roll out of the pod.
Conclusion: What baby lounger is most suitable for you?
I want to leave it to the readers that they decide which is best suitable for their babies, as I have described different features, positive and negative of both loungers Snuggle me organic Vs DockAtot. In the end, I want to share some quick tips for making the final decision.
- If high price is an issue for you then snuggle me is a good option with attractive features. But there is only $20 difference which is not a big difference.
- If you are purchasing a lounger for a newborn, then most customers are recommending snuggle me organic for its softness, size, and grip. If your baby is elder than 6 months then Dockatot is a better choice, as you can use it for the next three years.
- If you are looking for a lounger that has many uses, then you go for Dockatot, and it has a more breathable fabric and more durable construction. And you can use it for a longer time. Also, supporting the co-sleeping, so good for parents as well. Dockatot is more versatile and useful in terms of travel.
- Dockatot supports different toys accessories, which can provide a very enjoyable time for your baby.
Both Snuggle me organic and DockAtot is good choices for your baby’s health and wellbeing. Snuggle me organic is made with certified organic cotton and wool fill, while DockAtot is free of flame retardants. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what you prioritize for your child’s health and wellbeing.
So choosing a lounger totally depends upon your preferences, that what you want in a lounger and do not. If you have a final decision from Snuggle me organic and DockAtot, you can buy it from here. Thank you for reading, please share your view regarding DockAtot and Snuggle me organically in the comments.