We often wash baby play mats, loungers, mattress covers, pad covers, swings seat, etc. only a few parents know that just like other baby items, pack n play also need to wash or clean. Babies like to spend most of their time in pack-n-play, so it is important to provide them with a clean and fresh environment in pack n play by cleaning it properly after a specific period.
How to Clean a Pack n Play
Now a question arises in your mind: how to clean a pack n play or how to wash it? In this article, we will discuss easy methods to clean a pack n play.
Pack and Play Cleaning Hack & Steps:
Steps to Avoid the pack n play extremely dirty
Before discussing different methods one important thing you should know is that only washing is not the solution to clean the pack n play but to keep it in good condition, daily and weekly some cleanliness steps should be followed.
- To keep your pack-n-play in good condition and germs free it is important to clean or wipes spots immediately after occurring.
But as a mother, I know in household busy routines sometimes it is not possible but tries to clean it as soon as possible. Because it does not matter how higher the standard pack-n-play you have been using if you will not clean it properly after a particular time it will become messy and full of germs, and instead of providing healthy sleep and playing pleasure to your baby, it will become the reason of diseases and discomfort.
- Prevent the pack-n-play from harsh stains, if the pack-n-play gets some stains then try to remove the stain immediately. you can use wipes, towel dip in the washing liquid, simple water, or vinegar according to to pack’ n play fabric or stain type.
- Keep the mattress or pad dry, and it is good if your pack n play has a waterproof mattress or pad cover. If you don’t they use a sheet to prevent it from water leakage. If pack n play mattress or pad gets wet, remove it and air it out until it is completely dry.
- Wash the mattress or pad cover every week. Follow the manual instructions of the pack n play model to wash and dry the cover.
How to clean a pack and play without a tub
1. Select the proper place for the pack n play cleaning:
Cleaning a Mini Pack N play is quite easy as compared to normal. Take the pack n play from the room and put it outside or in a place where you have no issue with falling or flowing water. Firstly, sweep it thoroughly.
2. Remove the mattress
Take the mattress or pad out from it & remove its cover and wash it in a machine.
3. Clean the mattress:
- Take a vessel and mix some cleansing liquid or detergent in luke water.
- Soak the mattress for some time, then gently scrub it.
- Ruin fresh water on it and air it out until completely dry. ( Follow the manufacturer’s care instructions for washing and drying the pack-n-play mattress, topper or pad.)
- Mostly mild detergent, warm luke water, and air drying are best for its mattresses, toppers, and pads.
How to Clean the pack n play:
- Make a mixture for cleaning.
- Take 7 to 8 tablespoons (or according to your need )of mild detergent and mix very well(became a foam) in the required amount of water.
- Take a sponge or soft brush to clean it.
- Dip it in the mixture well.
- Pour some clean water on each part of pack n play, then clean each netting side of pack n plays one by one from both sides, don’t forget to scrub the bottom of pack n play.
- During cleaning each side, keep dipping the brush in the mixture after some use so that each side is cleaned equally.
- Give particular attention to each part of it.
- Rinse it with clean water very well until all detergent washes away. You can use a hand shower pipe for better results.
- Please put it in the sunlight, and try to change its side according to its dryness, netting becomes dry early instead of the bottom area, which takes many hours or days to dry, It depends on pack n plays material or amount of sunlight.
- In short, you will keep it out or in sunlight until it becomes completely dry.
Steps to wash a pack n play
It is a baby item, and babies use it roughly. Often it becomes too messy that you need to wash it deeply.
This is a very effective way to remove all stains and molds from baby item. The following steps will perform to wash a pack n play in deep.
- Select a sunny day for washing pack n play so you can dry it after washing.
- Remove the mattress
- Bend it
- Open the warm water tap in the bathtub and half-full it.
- Make washing mixture in a separate pot and add in a tub or directly add 2 cups of detergent, 1 fourth cup of baking soda, and vinegar. Mix all well.
- Then soak the it in the mixture for two to four hours. Soak the mattress in the tub for one hour.
- Most mattress is cleaned after one hour. If it is not clean in a given time you can soak it again. Then it became cleaned wash it properly with clean water. Put it in the sunshine in a way that water flows from the mattress. You can put it on a plastic chair in a standing position.
- After 3 to 4 hours start rubbing all parts well of the pack n play with a hand or soft brush for a few minutes.
- Then remove the dirty water from the tub and rinse it with clean water using a hand shower.
- Assemble it and Put it in the sunshine for hours or days until it gets completely dry.
How do you deep clean a Pack N Play mattress?
Answer: Take a tub in which you can soak the mattress without folding it too much you can also use a bathtub for this purpose.
Fill the tub with warm water; water quantity that should be enough mattress can soak completely.
Add half a cup of mild detergent to the tub of water and mix well.
Remove the cover, and you can wash it in the machine. While hand wash is good for the mattress, soak it for one hour. After one hour, clean the mattress by rubbing each part with a soft brush.
Rinse it with clean water until all detergent is washed away.
Keep it outside until it becomes completely dry. After drying, cover it.
How do you clean a pack n playmat?
Follow the same steps described for cleaning the mattress.
How do you remove a pack n play?
- First of all, remove the mattress.
- Then pull the belt to the upper side
- When pack n play starts to fold to the bottom, press the sides button to fold it completely.
- After folding, pack it into a bag and close it.
Almost standard pack n pack has given details to assemble and unassemble.
How to clean Graco pack n play bassinet?
- To clean it, remove the bassinet from the pack n play. (follow the manufacturing instruction)
- Remove the mattress from the bassinet, and remove the frame of the bassinet.
- The Graco bassinet mattress cover can be easily cleaned. You can wash it in the washing machine. To clean its mattress use warm water and simple soap.
- Bassinet frames don’t need to wash; only clean with a soft cloth.