Today’s generation of parents has a lot of options to keep their kids entertained. One of the best ways to keep your baby entertained is to get them a walker, jumperoo or an exersaucer.
Choosing the best exersaucer, jumperoo, or walker for your baby can be challenging. There are so many options out there it could take a lot of work to find the right one.
These three are the most popular and are bought by many parents. But which one is better for your baby? This article will compare them based on safety and ease of use.
Exersaucer Vs Jumperoo Vs Walker:
Table of Contents
Before knowing the similarities and differences between them, take a short look at each item.
Easy to assemble
Three stages of use
Interactive Play Center with 3-Stage Grow
Freestanding infant jumper with a seat
Music, lights, and sounds
machine-washable seat pad
Stand Learning Walker
The early learning center has 5 piano keys
Over 70 sing-along songs
What is Exersaucer?
An exersaucer is a baby gym play center. These large, stationary plastic toys contain various colorful and interesting toys and activities to stimulate the baby.
They are very popular in the United States and Canada. They are the number one baby product purchased by new parents.
They are designed to be used by a baby who can hold his head up unassisted. The exersaucer allows a baby to entertain himself for quite a long time. exersaucer for a newborn is an excellent way to keep your baby safe and busy.
An exersaucer is a developmental toy designed to allow children to exercise and strengthen their bodies while learning to explore their surroundings.
Exersaucers usually come with various attachments that increase the fun for your baby. Some examples of these attachments include toy bar, teethers, toys, etc.
Exersaucer is stable in one place and it is a stationary play center for babies, it has a pad under their feet that keeps the baby a little bit high from the floor. Some Exersaucer pad has vibrating or shaking quality as well. Exersaucers are mostly designed for 4 months to 5 years babies, weight limit most is from 25 lbs to 30 lbs.
What is Jumperoo?
The Jumperoo is a stationary activity center for babies. It helps in improving their motor skills, cognitive skills, and auditory skills. They will be able to see the world from a different angle. It is a perfect place for babies to explore, jump and play with toys.
The jumperoo is designed for an infant’s first steps. It helps with the development of the child. The baby can jump whenever he wants to, but it is not enough for the baby to learn to walk. The jumperoo can give him exercise and fun as well.
It enables the baby to bounce back and forth between two rotating cylinders and constantly move, making the baby laugh. The baby will have fun, be entertained, and develop physical skills.
- The jumperoo is easy to use. It requires only three steps to set the product.
- It is safer than a playpen since the baby is confined in a smaller space. Jumperoos are designed for home use, but a travel version is also available.
- The baby would love to jump for hours in the jumperoo, and you will love it too.
- The product is recommended by doctors and is fun for kids.
Music, lights, and sounds
machine-washable seat Cover or pad
What is Walker?
Baby walker is an infant-toddler mobility device that assists a child in learning to walk through an early phase of development. It is usually made of plastic and consists of a tray that holds and stabilizes the child. There are two types of baby walkers, one that allows the baby to move in one direction, and one that allows the baby to move back and forward.
Differences of Exersaucer Vs Jumperoo Vs Walker
The three items are functionally different from each other. As you have read above, Jumperoo is used as a jumper, Exersaucer is used as a stationary centre, and a walker provides the babies physical activity walk. Let’s see how are three items are different from each other.
Age and height limit:
All three items have different ages, heights, and weight limits.
- The exersaucer age limit is from 4 to toddlers or one year. The height limit is less than 30 inches. The weight limit is less than 25lbs.
- Jumperoo’s age limit is from 4 months to 9 months only. The height limit is less than 33 inches. The weight limit is less than 25 lbs, and some have less than 25 lbs.
- Walker‘s age limit is from 6 months to walking (12 months or 18 months) difference in months because some babies start walking at 18 months but mainly start walking at 12 months. The height limit is 32 inches. The weight limit is 32 lbs.
Although all three items need a stable and hard surface to maintain their frame on the floor surface, the main difference is that Exersaucer and jumperoo may be used on carpet floors easily, while walkers are unsuitable for carpet floors.
Exersaucer and jumperoo can be adjusted in small spaces but for walker requires a wide or large area for perfect moving.
Exersaucer and jumperoo have run-on batteries, while the walker is a non-battery item.
All three items look different in design. The main difference is that Walkers have wheels while Exersaucer and jumperoo don’t have wheels. Jumperoo has a spinning seat, while both items have a simple, comfortable seat. Exersaucer has an activities centre, the jumperoo has toys, and the walker has music.
Item cleaning difference:
A few parts are washable for most Exersaucer and jumperoo, but you can only wash part of the machine or item like a walker. Walker is mostly easy to clean and wash as a whole rather than Exersaucer and jumperoo has only a seat pad removed and washable.
Traditional Walkers are easier the fold and store comparatively Exersaucer and jumperoo. Exersaucer and jumperoo can be folded, but they can only partially fold.
All three items are different in weight. Walkers are lighter than Exersaucer, and jumperoo and Exersaucers are heavier than the jumperoo.
Most Exersaucers are more expensive than walkers and jumperoo. Some Jumperoo may have a high price. (Prices may vary according to companies’ differences, we are giving a general conception) Traditional walkers are cheap in price comparatively to both Exersaucer and jumperoo.
Jumperoo Vs Exersaucer Vs Walker | Similarities
- All three items are easy to assemble.
- Exersaucer, Jumperoo, and Walker are easy to move.
- These all are adjustable to height.
- They have PVC-free material.
- You need parents’ attentiveness during use.
How to choose the best one? Exersaucer Vs Walker Vs Jumperoo:
As you see that Exersaucer Walkers Jumpers are all wonderful toys that help your baby develop and learn. The biggest difference between them is the style of play they are designed for.
All three items are different in functions if you will skip an item, you can’t benefit from its major function from another item. So by applying some conditions, we have to make the best selection.
A baby’s item that is good or bad isn’t enough to select an item for your baby, and other elements also influence how to pick the right baby product for your baby, including your baby’s size, age, weight, space or location and your financial budget are important.
- If you have a wide space and you want a baby item that has a long age and time limit at a reasonable price, then a baby walker is the best option for your baby, physical movement is good for his/ her physical growth and health.
Walker is considered dangerous in that case then they became a reason for any injury. Injury may happen most of the time when you leave your baby unattentive in the walker.
- If you have lived in a tiny apartment and do not have enough space for easy movement of a walker, then An jumperoo or Exersaucer may be the best alternative to a baby walker because jumperoo or Exersaucer can be adjusted in a small space easily. Exersaucer has an activity centre that promotes the baby’s motor skills and exploration.
Exersaucer spinning seat and many activities toys provide a safe bundle of fun for your baby. Exersaucer is indeed a good alternative to a walker if you use it for a short time daily.
But Exersaucer does not provide any chance for baby movement. At this age, babies need a physical movement like walking, jumping etc.
Babies not only enjoy these activities, but they are also essential for their body development. So, in this sense, the Exersaucers are not much healthy for growing babies.
Exersaucer is most adjustable with modern houses, tiny spaces and busy life because you can place your baby safely and complete your work.
- Jumperoo may be more entertaining for your baby if you use them at the right age. Start using a jumperoo when your baby can sit by himself, and modern jumper “jumperoo” gives pleasure and develop their skills too.
All three items are best at their place, so if you can buy all three things according to your baby’s age, it is super best for you, and if you use them by following safety measures to use all three items then all these three items will be guaranteed blessing and lifesaver for your babies.
Safety measures to use a baby Exersaucer, Jumperoo, and Walker:
- Wait to start using a baby Exersaucer, Jumperoo, and walker until your baby can sit and stand independently.
- Don’t leave your baby unattentive at any time using any of them.
- Keep your baby in Exersaucer for a short time,15 to 20 minutes are enough.
- Keep your baby in jumperoo and walker for 20 minutes at a time.
- Stay within the age, weight, and height limit of all three items.
- Always put baby items on a stable and hard floor.
We hope you have learned a great deal about all the different baby equipment types out there. Whether you are looking for a baby walker for your toddler or a jumparoo for your baby, you can make an informed decision once you have read through this article post. Indeed, you find the information useful and that it helps your family make the right decision.